What an action packed week at HD Stafford Middle School. Many students are gearing up for year end assessments while planning for some fun activities to round out the year. We have lots to celebrate from this past week so here is the Hawk Squawk: June 5th. Be sure to share with your family and friends.
1. Inaugural Middle School Track Meet A Success: This past Monday, HDSMS participated in the first ever Langley District Middle School Track Meet. Along with Yorkson Creek, Betty Gilbert and Langley Fundamental, student competed in a variety of track and field events. And our students performed extremely well! Several students finished in the top three for their events! We are so proud of all our athletes. Huge thanks to Mr Grill, Mrs Courtney, Mrs Caines and Mr Reynaud for making this possible for our students.
2. Playing Games And Learning Numeracy: Mrs Narang’s classes have been working on Math board games this week. They were asked to create a board game using the math skills which they have learnt and practiced during the school year. They did this with a purpose of final review before they head out for summer. Students are really doing a wonderful, creative job. They are not only showing the math part perfectly but they are also participating creatively. Can’t wait to see the final products.
3. Grade Sevens Go Back In Time At Science World: The students in Mr Calderon and Mr Main’s classes took the trip into Vancouver this past week to participate in the amazing learning offered at Science World. Not only did they get to explore the many experiments they have at this wonderful facility, but they also got to attend the “Ultimate Dinosaurs” exhibit. And by all accounts it was AMAZING! There’s no question this field trip created some learning that will last a lifetime.
4. Grade Sixes Go Home … To Their Elementary Schools: One of the wonderful traditions at HDSMS is having our grade six students return to their former elementary schools to help welcome the new grade five students coming to HD Stafford in September. The students write welcome letters and talk with their little buddies about what it means to be a Skyhawk. It is awesome to see the smiles on everyone’s faces as they reminisce about the old times while building excitement for the future.
5. HDSMS Tap Their Way To Germany: It is always great to celebrate the amazing talents and successes our students enjoy outside of school time. This past week we found out that two of our students will be representing Team Canada for a tap dance competition in Germany! This December Kyla and Kaprice will be travelling to Europe as part of an elite group to dance against other teams from around the world! So proud of our Skyhawks and we wish them all the best!