Well, we are rapidly nearing the end of the road and there has been plenty of celebrating going on. This past week saw many of our students enjoying educational and fun field trips with a large group also going off to camp. Here is the Hawk Squawk: June 19th. Please be sure to share with your family and friends.
- HDSMS Head Camping To Evan’s Lake: During this past week, some of our grade seven and eight students headed up to Evan’s Lake! This amazing camp facility located just north of Squamish played host to our students as they participated in a variety of activities including orienteering, archery, swimming and canoeing. They learned a ton of camp songs, went on amazing hikes and created memories that will undoubtedly last a life time. Huge thanks to Mr Sandquist, Mr Anderson, Mrs Lacroix, Mrs Welsh and all the amazing counsellors who made this trip possible!
- Room 121 Goes To The Zoo: It was a great outing this past week for our students with special needs as they headed out to the Greater Vancouver Zoo in Aldergrove. This amazing group of kids visited with the lions, tigers and giraffes, enjoying every minute of it. As you can see from the smiles on their faces, they had been looking forward to this trip for a long long time. So amazing to see all of our students out in the world around them connecting their learning.
- Grade 6s Take to the Ice: This past week, many of our grade six students took a walk to Twin Rinks for a little ice time. They strapped on their skates and enjoyed an hour of exercise while having fun with their friends. It’s a great extension of the PE curriculum and a fun activity for the second to last week of school.
- IFA Adventure Week A Blast: As a huge celebration for a year of hard work, our four IFA classes enjoyed their week of adventure, embarking on a few different field trips. They went to Derby Reach for a picnic and hike, Colossus movie theatre to see Jurassic World as well as Walnut Grove Pool for a swim. They rounded out the week with some fun “minute to win it” games as well as a scavenger hunt that included selfies with Mrs Dick and Mrs Power. So great to take time to celebrate the many successes of the past school year.
- Another Day At The Beach: Many of the grade six students had a great trip to Crescent Beach this past week to both celebrate a wonderful year and do some hands on aquatic learning! The students enjoyed perfect weather as they explored the shoreline and into the water. They found tons of starfish and even some bullhead fish. A great way to combine learning and fun!