What a week! So much excitement in the air as we inch ever closer to the end of another amazing year at HD Stafford Middle School. Here is the Hawk Squawk: June 12th. Be sure to share with your family and friends.
1. Students Win Gold At Stafford Olympics: This past Wednesday saw our Stafford Olympics occur! Similar to Sports Day, but with a global flare, students competed in their House Team clans in a variety of challenging game stations. There were relay races, obstacle courses and stations where getting wet was the name of the game. There were even some staff versus student tug-o-war competitions to round out the day. The weather cooperated completely and students and staff had a blast. Huge thanks to the grade 8 co-captains of each team as well as Mrs Bhamra, Mr Main and the entire staff for making this day possible.
2. Football Mini Camp Kicks Off Season: This past week saw our 2015 Football season kick off with a fun mini-camp for our current students. Coach Safiq and Coach Main along with the assistants ran some fun skill drills for the students learning about tackling, footwork, defending, receiving and throwing. The athletes had a blast and are already looking forward to summer camp in August. If any players are still interested in joining the team, be sure to talk to one of the head coaches.
3. Grade Sevens Spend Day At Playland: As the year comes to a close, many classes are enjoying a celebration a year’s worth of hard work with a fun outing. The grade sevens spent the day at Playland enjoying the amazing rides and games there. The weather was perfect as students rode the wooden roller coaster, Hellavator and Revelation. It was a memorable day for all who attended.
4. Grade Eights Slide Their Way Out Of The Week: The students in our grade eight classes participated in the traditional trip to Cultus Lake Water Slides this past week. The wind made it a little chilly, but that didn’t stop the kids from having a blast! They braved the Colossal Canyon, as well as the Free Fall and Bazooka Bowls all day long. It was a great culmination of all the amazing efforts these students have made during their time at HD Stafford Middle School!
5. Mr Brandolini’s Class Capture Life In A Bottle: The grade seven students have been learning about ecosystems as part of their on-going Biology Science unit. This past week, the students from Mr. Brandolini’s class created their own ecosystems in 2L plastic bottles. They had to include all the components they had been learning about in class. Was a great way for students to take what they had been reading about in the textbook and create authentic examples. Powerful learning.